Senior Property Manager
We are seeking an experienced full-time Senior Property Manager for our portfolio of government-leased property. The position will be based out of Birmingham, Alabama and will be expected travel to properties approximately 25%.
The Senior Property Manager will have total responsibility for operations, including financial performance and maintenance of the physical property in addition to the management of the relationship with the Veterans’ Affairs administration as the tenant and the specific requirements of the leases with the U.S. Government. Duties will also include responsibility for working with our federal development team during the construction and onboarding of new projects.
The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years’ experience in commercial real estate management, with preferred experience in medical buildings and government leases. Must have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle all related administrative tasks.
- Daily oversight and coordination of all operational, financial, and maintenance of properties assigned
- Perform regular site inspections to review the performance of each property as it relates to property condition, financial requirements, and tenant relations
- Create and maintain relationships with the tenant to improve and enhance tenant satisfaction
- Maintain regular communication with the property owner regarding the performance and condition of the property both financially and structurally
- Timely, professional, and efficient responses to all maintenance requests, ensuring that the requests made are appropriate and in compliance with the terms of the lease agreement
- Supervise janitorial service to form an effective cleaning program to maintain the building to the standards as outlined in the lease
- Develop and implement a maintenance plan to maintain the property to the appropriate standards that are in compliance with any specific lease terms while enhancing the owner’s investment in the property
- Preparation and administration of operating and capital budgets, monthly accruals, and quarterly reports in accordance with the goals and objectives of the company and the property owner
- Ensure invoices are submitted, coded, and approved in a timely manner
- Responsible for general administration and management of local management office (if applicable)
- Salary commensurate with experience—paid time off and benefits package available
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 7+ years of demonstrated commercial property management experience, preferably in a healthcare-related environment
- Proven ability to manage assets on-budget
- Experience in successfully working with executive-level leadership and ownership partners
- Working knowledge of operations of medical office buildings
- Preference given to candidates with experience managing property leased to the U.S. Government
- Ability to work in a detail-focused, results-oriented environment
- Strong computer aptitude
- Yardi Experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint
Johnson Healthcare Real Estate is a privately-held advisory, development, project management, and property services company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama with locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Dallas, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; and Atlanta, Georgia. Ranked as a top 10 developer by Modern Healthcare in 2021, Johnson serves hospitals, physicians, and other providers across 41 states, as well as internationally.
For consideration, please email a current résumé to email@example.com.